You are here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Projects Note Taking #1
Don Reilly's picture
by Don Reilly
May 31, 2012 - 1:40am

Is there a means within Aperture to make notes on a specific Project that can be accessed later? This would be a very convenient way to keep information of any variety of types that is assigned specifically to the project for future reference.

If none, has anyone worked out an alternate routine to keep Project Notes?

Don Reilly

DonColorado

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 31, 2012 - 1:44am

Don,

How about the Project Info Panel [screenshot] — just command-option-i to open.

Nice thing about this text is it’s searchable via the Library search window [screenshot].

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Susan S's picture
by Susan S
May 31, 2012 - 1:56am

Joseph,
Do you click on the Project and then “command-option-i”? I tried and my “iphoto browser” opens within Aperture. I am using Aperture 2.
Did I do this incorrectly? Having a place to keep notes would be very useful as I am trying to get my Library cleaned up before upgrading to A3 and then Lion.
Susan

Susan S

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 31, 2012 - 2:00am

Susan,

Aperture 2, no idea. I’m not even sure if the project panel existed then… it’s been over two years since I looked at version 2.

In Aperture 3, it’s under the Window menu, and the command is Show Project Info.

And you do know that Mountain Lion will be out soon, and everyone expects Aperture 4 as well… so I don’t know that an upgrade to Aperture 3 and Lion would be a good idea at this point.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Susan S's picture
by Susan S
May 31, 2012 - 2:21am

It doesn’t seem to exist in A2. Something to look forward to!
About upgrades… my reason for updating to Lion was to be able to switch to Cloud from MobileMe. The clock is ticking! Even if I did upgrade to Lion without going to A3 first, could I later make the jump from A2 to A4?

Susan S

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 31, 2012 - 2:25am

Ah, I see. No one knows what the transitions will be like I’m afraid. Although I’m sure you’d be able to skip A3 and go straight to 4 if that’s what it comes down to.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
May 31, 2012 - 2:50am

Really great tip, thanks for sharing! Didn’t even know that feature existed and it is actually pretty useful I think.

I haven’t made any changes to the default command settings and it’s shift-i for me to access the project info not command-option-i. command-option-i takes me to the photo info. I mention it in case anybody else has not customised those settings.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 31, 2012 - 2:55am

Huh, wonder why the shortcuts are different. I didn’t customize that one (As far as I know). Anyway it’s under the Window menu for anyone looking.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Don Reilly's picture
by Don Reilly
June 1, 2012 - 2:14pm

Thanks for the tip……….as with Sarah, mine is shift+i to access the Projects Info Panel……had not noticed this before as I usually just go to my year folder, where projects are in chronological order……..except for a few contrary ones that don’t follow my numbering convention; 20120531. I’ll make good use of the projects info panel.

I’m version 3.2.4, by the way.

Don

DonColorado

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness