You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
RAW files from Nikon P7100 (NRW) are no longer recognized #1
d-light's picture
by d-light
June 10, 2012 - 4:35pm

Hi,

I have been using Aperture and files from my new 'everyday' Nikon Coolpix P7100 digital camera already for a while, mostly shooting RAW+JPG. So far it was a mere pleasure to import both the NRW and the JPG files. To receive the corresponding file pairs I use to select the import option “Both - RAW as original”.

All of a sudden the RAW files don't seem to be recognized any more:
If I import both files they are not recognized as a pair, the RAWs looking absolutely ugly with a strong color cast. Moreover, the file names do no longer correspond (expected: e.g. image01.jpg + image01.nrw / received: image01.jpg + image02.nrw).

What really strikes me is the following:
If I select “RAW only” the NRW files on the SD card are not displayed in the import dialogue at all (I deselected the “no duplicates” option - no worries). The Nikon NRW files are not recognized as valid files anymore.

May that have to do something with the latest Aperture Update (3.2.4)?

Any other ideas or help is appreciated.

Cheers, Michael

d-light's picture
by d-light
June 28, 2012 - 4:05pm

I just want to add that Léoni pointed me at how to find out if my camera type is registered with the the launch service database *.

It actually was and it had been before of course as I already imported lots of RAW+JPG image pairs before that weird behavior.

Until now, I still don’t know what was the actual reason for the import malfunction. Maybe it was something with the SD card. I’ll keep an eye on how the NRWs and the NRW+jpg pairs are going to be handled on import within Aperture.

Reading through the posts I saw that problems related to importing jpg+RAW pairs seem to occur with other camera types as well (Aperture 3.3 imports raw+jpg pairs seperately)

What still bothers me is the inability to import jpgs first and then the related RAWs while using a renaming scheme. Without renaming this feature is more or less useless for me. See also: Working with RAW+JPG Pairs while Renaming Originals

*Note: The above mentioned check may be performed in a terminal window using e.g.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchSe rvices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -dump | grep "Nikon"

This may e.g. return

description: Nikon raw image
name: Nikon Electronic Format file
name: Nikon Electronic Format file
description: Nikon raw image
description: Nikon NRW raw image

- Michael

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 11, 2012 - 11:00pm

This is the answer from the Aperture Fourm posted here incase someone on this forum has the same problem. This will help for a search. Leonie solved the problem

leonieDF Hamburg, Germany
This helped meRe: RAW files from Nikon P7100 (NRW) are not recognized any more
Jun 10, 2012 6:35 AM (in response to d-light)

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?