You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Raw + Jpeg mistake #1
David Douglas's picture
by David Douglas
August 17, 2014 - 8:54pm

I accidentally had my camera on Raw + Jpeg and didn’t realize it until I imported both.  I have changed the original to be the raw version but how can I isolate the jpeg images and delete only them? Thanks in advance for your help.

David Douglas

Steve Jackson's picture
by Steve Jackson
August 17, 2014 - 10:33pm

Easiest IMO if they’re still on the card and you’ve not done any post processing yet is to delete them from A3 and reimport, selecting one type only. If not still on card, use filter on type in A3 to select the ones you don’t want, and delete (think you’d have to unstack all first if using stacks). Steve

David Douglas's picture
by David Douglas
August 18, 2014 - 12:23am

I was hoping for an easy way to isolate the jpegs and delete them but took your advice and  just re-imported only the Raw images. 

Thanks for your quick response.

David Douglas

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
August 22, 2014 - 7:20am

I know you solved your problem but in case someone else has a similar issue and can’t reimport… There’s no way to get rid of the JPEG masters of a RAW/JPEG pair. Well, there is the brute force method of digging into your library package to find the JPEGs and deleting them manually. I wouldn’t recommend this. I haven’t tried it but I suspect Aperture will only complain when you select JPEG as Master from the menu and it will show as offline.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness