You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reapir Library/ recovered folder????? #1
katy's picture
by katy
January 10, 2013 - 3:44am

Recently aperture has quit on me, unexpectedly, while I was working in it. Then I received a message saying there potentially could be a problem and I should repair the library. I clicked on this to repair the library and now i have a folder (which i did not create and assume was created when I repaired my library) called Recovered Folder. There are 161 items in this folder. All 161 images have version names, IMG_123 but none of them have images and the pixel size says 0 x 0.

I am confused. Why did i have to repair my library? Did I loose any images? I am concerned that the 161 images that are in the recovered folder have version names but no images are lost. what is the recovered folder project?

Thank you in advance for your help

Paul T's picture
by Paul T
January 12, 2013 - 12:13am

I received that new warning the other day too for the first time, it’s changed slightly and I think it picked up a serious problem too because it took 4 hours to repair the library when in the past it’s taken 10 minutes.

I get Recovered Folders, for me they usually contain files that I’d cancelled during an edit, so say I’d gone to make an HDR and didn’t like it, it would usually have the 5 tiffs Aperture created from the originals NEF’s, but sometimes I do get random ones like you too, some are empty, some have quite a few pics in it but they’re never masters.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?