2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Recover Photo Book after hard drive breakdown #1
Christopher Pommerenke's picture
by Christopher Pommerenke
October 24, 2012 - 9:03pm

Hi,
I face the following problem and I'm really hoping that somebody can help me:
I was working on a photo book in aperture for which I invested a lot of time. Unfortunately more or less while working my hard drive broke down and I had to replace it. Fortunately on the other hand I made a backup with time machine right before it. After the replacement and reinstallation of aperture I took the last “Aperture Library” file out of the time machine and plugged it on the new hard drive. I found (I think so far) all my photos but the photo book disappeared. I searched everywhere whether it is stored somewhere else, but I didn't have luck :-/ Do you have any idea? Is it stored at another location or whatever?

Thanks a lot in advance!

ps.: Only the remark that I wanted to do the laptop by scratch after the breakdown therefore I didn't just restored the last time machine backup but only copied the old files I want out of the backup and installed the other stuff new. Thanks!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 25, 2012 - 2:22am

Christopher,

The books are stored in the Aperture library, just like everything else. If you’re not seeing it, then is it possible your last Time Machine backup was prior to the book being started?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness