You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Relocate and Rename #1
Julie Somers's picture
by Julie Somers
September 25, 2011 - 10:48am

I am a new aperture user. I have read the 15 tips and getting started guides and have learned a lot. I have a few projects I have imported managed before I read these guides and did not change the file name on import. I am now moving them to an external hard drive and renaming them during the relocation process, however, now the version names in my aperture library still has the old “DSC_0045” names. How can I rename these now?

Thank you for any help!
Julie

Julie

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 27, 2011 - 3:32am

Julie,

To rename your Versions to match the new Master name, you can do it using Batch Change and a custom Version Name Format.

Select the photos you want to change, and open menu Metadata > Batch Change…. From the Version Name Format drop-down, choose Edit… and build a new preset using the Master File Name widget [screenshot] (oops, I labeled two steps “2” instead of “2” and “3”. But you’ll figure it out)

Apply that and you’re done! The only caveat is that if your masters are named “filename.CR2”, the “CR2” will become part of the Version name as well. I’ve never found a way around that unfortunately.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?