You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Restoring Aperture images from Time Machine? #1
Tom Thomson's picture
by Tom Thomson
June 30, 2013 - 1:10am

I can't find the answer to this question in other posts, so here goes. I maintain masters from my current working library on my laptop and back up everything using Time Machine (and Vaults) to several EHDs. I accidentally trashed several images from my Aperture library a month or so ago. How do I restore single images from my Aperture library via TIme Machine? I'm unclear what will happen if I double-click on an Aperture library in my Time Machine archive or how to find single images in the archive and restore them. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tom Thomson

Tom Thomson's picture
by Tom Thomson
July 2, 2013 - 4:56am

Thanks again, Walter, this Time Machine restoration process worked flawlessly. The only minor hitch was that, once I had restored the old Aperture library, it began processing like mad to detect faces and places, generate previews and thumbnails, etc. etc. I was going crazy clicking “End Task” or “Pause Task”, largely to no avail. I think it’s probably best simply to be patient once a library has been restored and let Aperture do its thing for a while. Final comment: it’s quite comforting to know that Time Machine works as it’s supposed to.

Tom Thomson

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
July 4, 2013 - 3:58am

Glad that worked!

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
June 30, 2013 - 8:24am

You can rename your current aperture library, restore the time machine version of the library old enough to contain the images you deleted, export the images from the restored library into a separate library, and import them into your good library.

Do NOT simply restore your aperture library from time machine. That will overwrite your current working library with an older one, causing you to lose your newer work.

Tom Thomson's picture
by Tom Thomson
June 30, 2013 - 9:10pm

Thank you, Walter.

Tom Thomson

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness