You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rotating videos already imported into Aperture 3 #1
David Moran's picture
by David Moran
May 7, 2010 - 10:02pm

How can I rotate videos already imported into aperture from my dslr without having to externally edit them and re-import them. The rotate images function only works with images funnily enough. I think I will have to export them to say Quicktime 7 Pro, rotate them and then re-import.

Thanks for any help.

David

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 8, 2010 - 2:49am

David,

If you’re working referenced (so the images/videos are outside of the Aperture library), it’s pretty easy. Select the video you want to rotate, and choose “Reveal in Finder”. Open that video in Quicktime Player 7 (not just the fancy new Quicktime Player, which lacks the required editing tools, but actual Player 7). Hit command-J to open the Movie Properties (menu Window > Movie Properties), select the Video Track, then the Visual Settings tab. Click the rotate icon to rotate it the way you want, and hit Save. When you go back to Aperture it will update automatically.

If you’re working Managed, then you’ll have to export and reimport I’m afraid.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Atseaconfused's picture
by Atseaconfused
July 10, 2015 - 11:45am

You may also follow this method to rotate video files at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/rotate-quicktime-video.html

freediverx's picture
by freediverx
July 24, 2015 - 1:23am

Why would anyone pay $50 for a no-name video editor to do something they can with with Quicktime?

freediverx's picture
by freediverx
July 24, 2015 - 1:21am

Aperture has no native video editing capabilities. You must either edit prior to importing or export-edit-reimport the file. If doing the latter, make sure you use the export command rather than just dragging the file from Aperture. 

Actually Apple went years with zero support for video in Aperture. For a long time users had to store video clips separately from their photos.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness