You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
'Save PDF to Aperture' Option Missing #1
Marina Ferraz's picture
by Marina Ferraz
September 4, 2011 - 7:01am

I am trying to export a page from a book as a PDF, but I would like Aperture to re-import the image as a photo into the Photo Library.

When I go to the PRINT dialog and go to the PDF menu, I don't see the 'Save PDF to Aperture' option.

I tried to create a script using Automator, thinking this is what I'm missing, but after further investigation I have found that I do not have an Import Files to Aperture option in the Library.

I have followed the Aperture Plug-ins link only to discover that the Aperture Assistant (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/aperture/apertureassistant.html?cmp) does not work with Aperture 3 and Aperture PDF Workflows link redirects me to the Mac OS Lion page instead.

I am using Aperture 3.3.1 and I'm on MAC OS X 10.6.8.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is it as simple as an upgrade?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 21, 2011 - 8:16am

Marina,

It may be as simple as an OS re-installation. I haven’t installed anything specific to this on my system, and AFAIK I’ve always had this option [screenshot].

An upgrade to Lion may make it easy, of course…

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

juanita pied's picture
by juanita pied
November 15, 2011 - 8:59am

Hi!
I have the same issue. I bought Aperture 3 on the Appstore on OS X Lion and I do not have the “Save to PDF Option” either. I did not have it after installing Aperture 3 on Snow Leopard either. I tried to redownload the App, but the PDF service “Save PDF to Aperture” is still missing. Is there a place on the web where we can find that service?

I have tried on http://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/aperture/index.html but it is a dead end, the page can’t be found.

Would you have any advice?

Thanks a lot.
Juanita

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 18, 2011 - 9:26pm

Juanita,

Here’s where the file belongs [screenshot], and you can download it from here here.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness