You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Scrolling through pictures #1
Warioda Peeters's picture
by Warioda Peeters
November 13, 2011 - 5:12am

I've realized it is impossible to scroll over the pictures using the wheel on my mouse anymore. It use to work anywhere in all the different windows. Now it only works in the main window if you use the split view. Is it possible Apple changed something in the app lately? Please let me know. Thanks.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 13, 2011 - 5:38am

Warioda,

What do you mean by “scroll over”… do you mean scrolling to go to the next photo? If so, check your preferences… There is an option “Scroll to navigate photos in the viewer” [screenshot]

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Simon Abrams's picture
by Simon Abrams
November 14, 2011 - 3:22am

Yep - this drives me nuts. In Split View mode, I used to hover over the browser area and scroll through thumbnails using the scroll wheel on my mouse - this doesn’t work anymore for who knows what reason - must have changed in one of the recent updates. Now, it only works if you hover over the main Viewer window. It’s maddening.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 14, 2011 - 5:30am

Simon (and Warioda if this Simon’s issues is the same as yours),

I don’t have a problem with this, however I’m using a Magic Mouse and the trackpad, not an older roller mouse. But the behavior should be the same.

In the thumbnail browser (in split view), if you scroll left/right (NOT up/down), it will scroll through the thumbnails. That said, if you rotate the thumbnail viewer so it’s vertical (shift-W) then scrolling up/down will work. It’s scrolling the same direction as the images move.

If that’s not what you’re seeing, I suggest trashing the Aperture preferences in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Aperture.plist and see if that helps.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

by Warioda Peeters
November 14, 2011 - 10:30pm

Will try and keep you in the know…

by Warioda Peeters
November 21, 2011 - 11:44am

shift-w is fine by me. I do not mind having a vertical split view as long as it works. BTW I did not know about shift-w, thanks for the tip.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?