You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Searching within folders and albums on Mac #1
Lori's picture
by Lori
April 18, 2015 - 1:35am

I migrated my Aperture library and I seem to be missing some photos.  I have all my photos organized inside folders and albums. I’m using the search bar to locate a file name and I found it but I can’t figure out what folder and album the actual photo resides in.  The only option is is showing me is to view the photo in the “moments” view or “results” view but it doesn’t have a breadcrumb to where the file is actually located.  I seem to missing some of my Aperture projects (Photos albums) and I’m trying to figure out if I’m actually missing them or if they somehow got imported into another folder.

Here’s a screenshot of my search results.  I tried looking in the “Info” area, contextual clicking on the image, but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks.
Lori

Milo's picture
by Milo
April 21, 2015 - 7:59pm

Me too! I sorted all my photos over the years and now that I’ve migrated to Photos, I can’t find where on my hard drive the photos are located. It has done a nice job of showing me I have albums-projects-whatever they call them. I tried searching through the library with DXO Pro but it couldn’t find them either.

I’m going to try and find them with Picasa since that program finds everything. Really want Photos to work but so far it’s making more work for me :-( 

Lori's picture
by Lori
April 22, 2015 - 2:19am

Milo, are you searching for your photos located on your hard drive?  If you are you can right click on the Photos Library and choose “Show Package Contents”.  Then navigate to the “Masters” folder.  Inside you will see folders listed by year and then I assume month numbers.

I probably wasn’t very clear but my original post was wondering how to locate where a photo is WITHIN Photos App on Mac.  When I do a search within the Photos App it pulls up photos but it doesn’t tell me if any of those photos are part of an album.  I have all of my photos organized by Folder then Albums and I’m trying to figure out if I’m missing some photos.  It just shows me the photo grouped according to the “Moment”.

Lori

Milo's picture
by Milo
April 22, 2015 - 2:41am

Yeah, I do that with most photos already because I use external editors. But I can’t find any photos from albums in the master of Photos app now that I’ve migrated. And no option to ‘Find in Finder’. I want that option…where is the photo on the hard drive. So I can edit in DXO Pro. Otherwise it’s done great at bringing over all my albums and folders I had organized.

Milo's picture
by Milo
April 22, 2015 - 2:40am

….slightly different than what you have I guess. 

Lori's picture
by Lori
April 22, 2015 - 2:42am

Hmmm… I just looked in my Masters folder and see my photos there.  They’re not organized by the album though, just by year, month, day.

Lori

Lori's picture
by Lori
April 22, 2015 - 4:17am

Had a thought… Is it possible that you don’t have the “download originals” checked in Photos? Not sure if that would make a difference.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?