You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Slideshow exporting #1
Paul Jones's picture
by Paul Jones
October 26, 2011 - 6:28am

Aperture 3.2, up to date Lion install, upgraded library that always worked fine.

Just tried to export a slideshow, which I've done before, many many times (not since 3.2 though), and no joy. The dialogue box states it's exporting, and if I have “import to itunes” checked it will even open iTunes for me - then it claims to complete - happens very quickly, with no rendering going on, no files appearing at my target location.

Kinda of like this:

discussions.apple.com/thread/3425916

I've tried rebuilding my plist file, and I've also repaired my database with no changes.

Any thoughts? I don't want to have to reinstall Aperture over something so minor :(

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 26, 2011 - 1:13pm

Paul,

Reinstalling applications pretty rarely fixes things anymore, since they are a one-item install (just the app itself) and support files are created automatically as needed. But even if you did uninstall everything, reinstalling is just a case of downloading the app again and launching it.

However, that’s not likely to fix your issues.

Did you follow the other suggestions in that thread? Specifically, create a new library with just a few photos and see if that exports, and/or create a new user and a new library and see if that can export?

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?