You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Smart album for Panorama photos? #1
Anders Johansson's picture
by Anders Johansson
February 12, 2013 - 4:00am

Hello!

Is there an easy way of creating a smart album of all the panoramaphotos I have in the photo library?

/ Anders

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
February 12, 2013 - 11:10am

I think all you can do is add some common metadata to each of your panorama photos and create your smart album from that. For example, add the keyword “panorama”.

I suppose if you have a lot of panoramas you might not consider this easy. But it really is easy - just time consuming.

Thomas

Griffin Stewart's picture
by Griffin Stewart
February 19, 2013 - 1:13am

Here is what I did and it works pretty well. Some photos with strange cropping may be mixed in at the top, but this will at least help you narrow them down dramatically.

1. Change view to list view
2. Sort by Aspect Ratio
3. Panoramas will be at the top or bottom with weird aspects starting at 100:xxx.

You can also use this to make a smart folder with the following criteria from added rule of Aperture Metadata:

Aspect Ratio - starts with - 100:

Hope that helps!

by Anders Johansson
February 19, 2013 - 4:22am

Thanks Griffin! Perfect!

/ Anders

Ben Anderson's picture
by Ben Anderson
August 23, 2013 - 8:43am

Found out how to do this in iPhoto so I thought I would share. Simply create a Smart Album with the Criteria:

“Any Text” contains “10800”

Seems to find them as all the Panoramas have 10800 pixels across.

by Anders Johansson
November 22, 2013 - 4:44pm

Aperture somehow recognizes panoramas with the zig-zag line in the browser window. It would be really nice to have them all in a smart album, as on the iPhone…

I tried Griffin´s idea. It is close, but not perfect… I do not seem to understand the setting “pixels size” in the smart album setting. I tried to use “is” “10800” but it dosen´t work…

/ Anders

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness