You are here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
SnapSeed 1.1 #1
Jason Finner's picture
by Jason Finner
April 2, 2012 - 11:00pm

Hello all,

Is anyone out there using Snapseed for OS? I noticed today that Version 1.1 has been released and it offers support for using Aperture as an External Editor…might be worth buying now.

JF

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 3, 2012 - 2:26am

Jason,

Oh good, it’s released. I’ve been beta testing it and it works as advertised. Thanks for letting me know; I’ll do a write-up on the front page.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
April 3, 2012 - 5:03am

I use the app for the iPad a fair amount, glad they have got integration between snapsneed and aperture now…

Might have to go and purchase it from the app store :)

Jason Finner's picture
by Jason Finner
April 4, 2012 - 11:21pm

Alright, i bought it (cool program). I opened a file from Aperture as an external editor in Snapseed and it won’t let me save? What gives? External editing works perfectly from Photoshop….

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 5, 2012 - 4:01am

Jason,

Do you see the Save option? See my screenshot on the post I did Snapseed for Mac 1.1 Adds “Save” Function

Oh I wonder if you have your format set to Photoshop and it has to be TIF? Let me know, if so that’s a good thing for me to mention in the article.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Matthew Schwartzstein's picture
by Matthew Schwartzstein
April 29, 2012 - 10:19am

Have any of you experienced Aperture being slow to update the file once you hit “save” under snapseed? I noticed this a few times. Thumbnail shows the file with the edits (e.g. now it’s black and white!), but double-clicking on the thumbnail brings up the original …

Eventually, either by restarting aperture or waiting, it seems the app knows it’s been edited.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 30, 2012 - 12:02pm

Matthew,

You’re probably running into this issue.

@PhotoJoseph

Jason Finner's picture
by Jason Finner
April 14, 2012 - 5:21am

Hey Joseph, that fixed it - I had the file format set for PSD when Snapseed was selected…funny that it give a PSD option but nonetheless, I selected TIFF and it works as advertised.

JF

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 14, 2012 - 5:46am

Jason,

Not funny at all. Aperture creates the file in whatever format you like, then hands it off to whatever app you like. It’s up to you to know that you can send the chosen format to the app.

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness