You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Some burst photos not imported #1
Don Jones's picture
by Don Jones
August 23, 2012 - 11:45am

After I import a group of photos, Aperture does not show all of the photos. Groups of photos that were shot within a few seconds only shows one photo when there should be several. I have checked and they aren't stacked. The photos exist in finder but the import dialogue does not show them and they are not in the aperture library. It seems like Aperture sees multiple photos with the same date/time as the same photo and only imports one. Any way to stop this?

Don Jones's picture
by Don Jones
August 23, 2012 - 11:52am

I think I have solved my own problem. Unchecking Do not import duplicates seems to solve it. Even though the files are different, Aperture treats them as duplicates.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
August 23, 2012 - 9:20pm

Is it possible you had auto-stacking turned on and they were actually stacked together?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 24, 2012 - 7:22am

Donald,

Good job finding it. I’ve never heard of this but that’s the second problem with Import Duplicates reported here (Tom talked about another problem with it in this post).

Walter, he did say that he checked and they weren’t stacked, but good thinking.

Donald, can you provide more information please? What camera model are you shooting with? How are you importing (what kind of card reader)? And can you confirm if the shots that are missing are actually shot in the same second; i.e. that you’re getting the first frame from a particular second, and not the others?

I’d like to try to reproduce this here, then report it to Apple if I can.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?