You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stacks in photo book #1
Schalk Lombard's picture
by Schalk Lombard
April 30, 2012 - 12:07am

Joseph thanks for excellent site - worked through both 15 Tips and In-Depth - waiting for your DVD tutorials to arrive that I ordered online.

I am busy with a photo book that has photos from a lot of different projects. I put all the photos into a new project, then divided them into albums for each page.

I stacked the photos in a project from where I had copied a few photos to use in my photo book, when I returned to work on my photo book the photos from the stacked project where all replaced in the photo book by the top photo of the stack,and all the photos from the stack where now also in the album under the photo book.

Did I do something wrong or is this how it work when you stacked photos.

Thanks

SJ

"Remember, God does not subtract fishing time from your
days here on Earth"
John Clark

Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
April 30, 2012 - 1:40am

That’s pretty much how it works. You control what image is used with the “album pick” option. That way, the image selected as the album pick will be used for the photo bool (a book is just a specialized album).

Bob

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

Schalk Lombard's picture
by Schalk Lombard
April 30, 2012 - 4:03am

Thanks Robert

So I understand that if I use “album pick” then the photos in the photo book would not be effected if I make any changes in to the master photo in the Project?

How do I use “album pick” ’?

SJ

"Remember, God does not subtract fishing time from your
days here on Earth"
John Clark

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 30, 2012 - 12:34pm

Schalk,

Yep, Album Pick will work for you. It’s like a Stack Pick, but only for that Album (and as Bob said, a book is just a fancy Album).

Also next time you do a book, don’t move all your photos into a new Project. There’s no need for that and chances are you will be looking for those photos a year from now in the Project where they started, and not where you moved them to.

Instead, create a folder full of Albums and drag the photos to the Albums. They stay in the original Project, but now you can see them in your “book” albums. Then design your book.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?