You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stop my CR2 files in "Picture" folder defaulting to Aperture when opening #1
Billy Bags's picture
by Billy Bags
April 30, 2015 - 10:05am

As anticipated, “photos” doesn’t compare favourably with Aperture. I’m migrating to PSE13. My card reader now defaults to PSE

However, if i return to my “pictures” folder and open any CR2 file, it defaults to “Aperture.” I want my CR2 files to open into PSE13 Organiser

I’ve searched “preferences” I searched Google - Apple support isn;’t that interested  so perhaps someone can help, please

Carl Brauer's picture
by Carl Brauer
April 30, 2015 - 1:45pm

1. Right click on one of your CR2 files

2. Select “Get Info”

3. There should be an “Open With” drop down. Select PSE13, or if it is not displayed, there is an “other” option from which you should be able to make your selection.

4. Underneath there should be an “Use this application to open all documents like this one”

5. Press “Change All”

Billy Bags's picture
by Billy Bags
May 1, 2015 - 8:43am

Thank you - this seems to do the trick, although I do note that a pop-up appeared saying the picture was imported to Aperture. I think this is an auto response because Aperture now takes so long to open that the import could not have taken place immediately.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
May 2, 2015 - 5:46am

To control which app opens when you mount a memory card, use Image Capture app. Insert your memory card. If another app opens, close it. Open Image capture and look for the menu in the lower-left hand corner of the window. If you don’t see it, click the tiny button on the lower left corner. Select from the menu the app you want to open when inserting a memory card from that particular camera. I believe the setting is specific to each camera you use so you’ll need to change it for each one. See attached image for an example.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?