You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Syncing images and their edits between Photos, iOS devices and iCloud #1
David Brewster's picture
by David Brewster
April 10, 2015 - 4:38am

I’m not clear about how syncing is supposed to work. I have all the various iCloud boxes ticked in Photos. At the moment:

• photos taken on my iPhone quickly sync back to iCloud and appear in Photos and on my iPad, however edits made on the iPhone are not applied to these copies. (I thought synced edits was the promise?)
  • JPG photos imported into Photos (from an SD card) sync to iCloud with their edits, they sync to the iPad but without their edits and they don’t sync to the iPhone at all.

Is this bugs at play? Am I correct in understanding that the goal is that photos and their edits should sync everywhere?

David Brewster
davidbrewster.photography

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
April 11, 2015 - 7:22am

You need to enable “iCloud Photo Library” on all devices that you want to participate in sharing the edits. Otherwise it just works like before with Photo Stream.

iPhone: Settings->iCloud->Photos->iCloud Photo Library  (enabled)

Mac: System Preferences->iCloud->Photos (enabled)(if you click the options button you can enable/disable 3 separate things, one being iCloud Photo Library)

Thomas

David Brewster's picture
by David Brewster
April 16, 2015 - 1:09am

Thanks Thomas. I had missed that setting on my iPad. 

Have to say that after a day or so of settling down, syncing has become very fast between all my devices. 

David Brewster
davidbrewster.photography

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?