You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thumbnails for videos messed up after importing iPhoto library #1
Phil Bailey's picture
by Phil Bailey
January 21, 2013 - 12:21am

Hello

I am trying to import an iPhoto library to Aperture. I created a new empty library to import it so I could organize it, and then import that library into my main Aperture library. What I am seeing is that the images appear to have imported correctly and the thumbnails look correct. However the video thumbnails appear to be all messed up. The thumbnails just look corrupt, and the videos do not play in Aperture when I hit play. They just play a black screen. However if I control click and say show in finder I am able to play the movie using VLC, but not Quicktime.

I am guessing it is a codec issue or something. I have tried to regenerate the thumbnails and they still do show correctly.

Has anyone else got this problem? Or any ideas how to fix it?

Phil

Phil Bailey's picture
by Phil Bailey
January 21, 2013 - 1:42pm

I have managed to resolve this. It was indeed a missing codec issue. Installing the Windows media and Divx codecs from this article fixed the issue: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3526?viewlocale=en_US
Phil

Phil Bailey's picture
by Phil Bailey
January 24, 2013 - 4:49am

more on this, Aperture begun to crash generating the thumbnails on specific videos. I had to delete the videos it was crashing on from my library to enable it to finish re-generating thumbnails.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness