You are here

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tint Eyedroppers not working #1
Paul Jones's picture
by Paul Jones
June 17, 2012 - 1:01am

So, after discovering this site, I've decided to see if I can use Aperture a little more for quick edits that don't need to go into Photoshop. I've noticed a small issue with the 'Enhance” brick but perhaps its just me as after some searching I see nobody else with the issue.

Basically, the black/grey/white eyedroppers under 'tint' don't work. I can click on them and the loupe appears, but it disappears as soon as I move the cursor off the icon so I can't actually do anything. The colour wheels still work but I prefer to use the eyedroppers.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Paul

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 17, 2012 - 3:16am

Paul,

Both are working just fine for me, on previously imported images and newly imported images.

Perhaps trash your preferences before doing a reinstall.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Paul Jones's picture
by Paul Jones
June 17, 2012 - 7:29pm

Thanks Joseph but no joy. Looks like a reinstall is in order.

I just stumbled across your site a few days ago after the 3.3 update. Such a great resource, wish I’d found it sooner!

Paul

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 18, 2012 - 12:50am

Paul,

Please keep us updated, and I’m glad you fond the site too!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 18, 2012 - 1:05am

Paul
Check out the FAQ on this site and look for Maintence issues You might want to dump the preferences and caches and also check out HT3805 link

cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Paul Jones's picture
by Paul Jones
June 18, 2012 - 4:02am

Well, I’ve deleted the prefs, cache and just about every Aperture related file on my Mac and still the same. In fact, I also installed v3 and created a new library to see if it was version/library specific. Its not. In fact, I created a test user account on my Mac and Aperture behaves correctly there, so its something in MY user account. Oh, I just love these types of issue!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 18, 2012 - 4:42am

Paul,

Ugh, how annoying.

Look for plugins in both the user and root Application Support > Aperture folders. In fact, just remove that entire folder (don’t delete, it contains all your presets as well), and see what happens.

@PhotoJoseph

Igor Antunes's picture
by Igor Antunes
July 21, 2012 - 8:11am

I’m having the exact same problem, but I found a “work around”.

Indeed, someone messed up with the eyedroppers, or some portion of OS X that is used to handle them.

Anyway, here is the workaround:
- click the eyedropper
- click the color you want, HOLD THE MOUSE BUTTON
- hit ESC key

It works for me, it stores the color instead of defaulting back to red.

Let me know if this works for you too.

Branko's picture
by Branko
December 28, 2012 - 5:09am

Thanks Igor, it helps, this is a serious bug, and I hope that apple will fix that.
This drive me insane for months…

Paul Jones's picture
by Paul Jones
June 17, 2012 - 1:42am

I’ve just noticed that the White Balance eyedropper does the same thing. Any suggestions before I try a reinstall? I don’t know if this is a specific 3.3 issue as to be honest, I just normally worked on the files in ACR/PS.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?