You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tip for better audio in Aperture slideshows #1
Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
August 1, 2010 - 1:40pm

Aperture does let you use multiple audio files in a single slideshow but you have no control over how the audio transitions from one to the other. The beginning of one always buts up against the end of the other. Usually sound files have dead space at the end which causes too much silence in the middle of a slideshow. To create better audio, just export your Aperture slideshow without any audio. Then create a new Garageband movie project and import your slideshow. You can then use Garageband to edit the audio. When you export, you can tell Garageband to leave the video untouched so it won’t re-compress. It will just add the audio track in. Works great.

Thomas

Morten Scheel's picture
by Morten Scheel
August 1, 2010 - 4:50pm

Thanks for the tip Thomas.
Do you have any advice on syncing slideshow transitions to specific beats on the soundtrack? I could do it in the old version of iMovie but I haven’t figured it out in iLife 09 yet.

John Maschak's picture
by John Maschak
August 4, 2010 - 2:00am

Here is a link (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/565318/Slide%20lesson.pages.zip) to a “worksheet” that I created to show how you can synchronize sound/beats in iMovie 09. The file is in pages format, and if you don’t have pages, you can at least look at the document in quick preview mode. When you open the file in Pages, 2x clicking on the movie will cause it to play and illustrate the example. Hope this helps a tiny bit…

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 4, 2010 - 12:48pm

Thomas and John, please consider writing up an article on this topic on the User Tips section. I’d love to see that in there!

thanks,
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Morten Scheel's picture
by Morten Scheel
August 5, 2010 - 4:20am

That’s a well written tutorial John! I can’t wait to try it out. Thanks for your help!
Morten

neil salonga's picture
by neil salonga
March 18, 2011 - 3:10pm

hi joseph,
just new in here just wondering how do you delete audio from apeture 3 slideshow
thanks

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 20, 2011 - 7:30am

Hi Neil,

Just click on the green audio in the slideshow timeline, and tap the delete key.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?