You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
"The trash cannot be emptied while an import is in progress." THERE IS NO IMPORT IN PROGRESS! #1
Sandi Heinrich's picture
by Sandi Heinrich
February 1, 2014 - 6:29am

I’m trying to delete trash from Aperture 3.1.1 Trial Library but I continue to get the message “The trash cannot be emptied while an import is in progress.” The Activity monitor shows no import occurring. It won’t allow me to import anything because there is not enough disk space - because it won’t let me delete anything. HELP.

Also, when I close Aperture I continually get this message: “Aperture is currently importing files. If you quit, the import task will be canceled and any files that have not been fully imported will be removed.” It asks if I want to discontinue importing and I choose to end it.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
February 4, 2014 - 1:38am

Look in FAQ for deleting your AP Plist or preference file.    FAQ has other maintenance things also  let us know after that,  Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
February 5, 2014 - 1:48am

Not sure how that response appeared on your question.  But in your situation Id use Disk utilities to repair disk and fix permissions then Hold the option and command key while starting Ap and do all three steps.  How much room do you have on your Hard drive  how much ram do you have.  You may have to look up Fsck -fy in the FAQ section.  after that dump the AP preference files and then if that doesn’t work write back  Good luck  cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness