You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unsupported Format But Now Is #1
Daniel Cox's picture
by Daniel Cox
April 29, 2012 - 8:32am

I had been using the Lumix GX1 months before Aperture supported it. To get around the problem I shot both RAW and JPEGs. However, at one point I accidentally shot only RAW. I added those images to Aperture before the newest update that added support for GX1. So now those original RAW files show up as “Unsupported Format”

My question is this. How do I reconnect the image that says “Unsupported Format” back to the original RAW which NOW IS supported. I tried Updating Previews, Generate Thumbnails, Delete Thumbnails but noting seems to be working. If anyone has an answer I would be grateful to hear about it.

Daniel J. Cox

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 29, 2012 - 2:03pm

Try exporting the files as Masters and reimporting them with the new coax in place it might work.
Cheers DBM

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 29, 2012 - 2:34pm

Daniel,

Try reprocessing masters. Check this User Tip: Unsupported Image Format? Try Reprocess Masters

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
May 1, 2012 - 3:09am

coax should of been codex referring to the new Raw decoder for your camera. I assumed you already tried the Reprocess Masters. My bad for not mentioning it. Thanks Joseph!!

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Daniel Cox's picture
by Daniel Cox
June 5, 2012 - 11:57am

The Reprocess Masters did the trick. The newest update to Lion and Aperture also may have been helpful.

Daniel J. Cox

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?