5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unsupported Image Format #1
Rob Wareman's picture
by Rob Wareman
December 16, 2012 - 7:59pm

Hey All,

I hope you will/ can help me;

Sinds a few weeks I'v got problems with the transfer of images out of Adobe CS6.
My workflow is: Import RAW (NEF) images in Aperture (3.4.3) than make some adjustments. By right clicking edit the image into CS6, make some another adjustments and than save it. The problem occurs that now Aperture says in most of the times ' Unsupported Image Format '. The annoying thing is that some times this problem doesn't occurs.

I do hope there is a solution.

Kind regards,
Rob

Hans Roeven's picture
by Hans Roeven
January 10, 2013 - 3:17am

I just found out that I could get back all the ‘unsupported’ images by selecting ‘reprocess originals…’ Strangely enough only a subset of .ORF images was affected. Don’t know what caused it but I am glad it’s solved.

Hans Roeven's picture
by Hans Roeven
January 9, 2013 - 5:45am

Hi, I just upgraded to a brand new iMac running mountain Lion. In Aperture I now see that same message when opening any file in the Olympus RAW (ORF) format. This is very frustrating. Anyone have a clue on a solution?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
December 17, 2012 - 2:15pm

Rob,

First thing to try is enable “Maximize PSD and PSB File Compatibility” in Photoshop. This setting is in the File Handling section of Photoshop Preferences. You can set it to Never, Always, or Ask. Once you’ve saved a file with a particular setting, you need to do Save As to change it. I found this article that explains a little more about it.

If you’re already doing that, then maybe someone else will have another idea.

Thomas.

Thomas

Rob Wareman's picture
by Rob Wareman
December 19, 2012 - 6:32am

Hey Thomas,

Thank you for your support. I changed the settings. The first four photo’s does go right (!), than the annoying message (unsupported image format) came back.
It’s very, very irritating. Other suggestions?

Kind regards,
Rob

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?