You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Uploading photos to google+ #1
rob burakiewicz's picture
by rob burakiewicz
July 16, 2011 - 9:23pm

What is the best way to upload photos to sites that don't have aperture upladers like
Google + and 500px?

Do you have to export them first, then use the “browse your computer” button to find them on the desktop (how I would try it) or can you locate them just navigating through the files (not sure where to look/what file names are which pictures).

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 18, 2011 - 8:01am

Rob,

Yes, just exporting the images, using the website uploader, and then throwing away the exports when done is probably the most straight forward. If you build a preset in Aperture for the size (and even watermark if you like) that you want for that site, and name it appropriately (i.e. “Google+ uploads”), it’ll be really easy to ensure you export and upload consistent photos.

Alternatively, if you are using previews and sharing previews [screenshot] then whenever you open the file browser (any open dialog), you’ll have access to your Aperture library [screenshot]. Keep in mind that this will upload photos at whatever size your previews are set to (by default, 50% of the original size). Although to be honest, I think the first option is easier!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Eric Crofut's picture
by Eric Crofut
July 18, 2011 - 10:48am

Really enjoy Google+, like how setup different groups.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?