You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Using Show Focus Points Feature #1
Bob Correa's picture
by Bob Correa
July 15, 2013 - 12:36am

I'm an avid photography hobbyist who happens to have poor vision. I just got my first DSLR, Nikon D5200. While I'm learning it I find I'm having focus challenges from time-to-time which I don't identify at the time of framing and taking shots because of my vision. I have discovered that Show Focus Points in Aperture is really helping me figure out what goes wrong, and right with various shots. My question is, many of the shots do not show a selected focus point, or multiple points, what does that mean? Is it simply that there is no EXIF data? Does it mean the picture is basically entirely in focus-infinity? Most of the images with no point selected seem to have good focus.
Thanks in advance

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
July 15, 2013 - 9:19am

The Show Focus Area feature in Aperture tells you which camera focus areas were used. If there are multiple points showing up, your camera probably recognized multiple subjects like faces, etc. If none are highlighted, it means it didn’t focus on anything.

Some cameras have a setting that tells the camera to not take a picture unless is has achieved focus. This prevents the shutter from tripping unless the camera has focused on something.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?