You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Video Display Problems in v. 3.4.3 #1
John Crosby's picture
by John Crosby
February 17, 2013 - 3:18am

Anyone having problems with videos not displaying in current version of Aperture? I can see thumbnails in Browser and Split views, but file never displays (or plays, therefore) in Viewer. Furthermore, Aperture isn't seeing videos on my iPhone when I plug in to import. I have a managed library and have tried the following: Repair Permissions and Database, Rebuild, and repaired permissions on Home directory via Finder related to other recent Aperture problems.

Thanks.

John Crosby's picture
by John Crosby
February 20, 2013 - 5:25am

I’m answering my own question in case this info is useful. About one month ago while troubleshooting another issue, I aggressively deleted cache, all of it. Usually, this is not a problem as it simply rebuilds itself.

Well, this file:

com.apple.xpchelper.cache

lives in /System/Library/Caches and is essential for video display and play in Aperture. This file did not rebuild itself after deletion. So, I simply reinstalled 10.8.2 and video functionality is restored to Aperture.

You simply download 10.8.2 from app store and install it over existing system. No upgrade, archive or clean install. Do make a backup first, however. And, launch the App Store following reinstall as any app released since 10.8.2, e.g. iTunes 11 or Camera RAW formats, will need to be updated.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness