You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
what are the requirements to install Aperture 3.3? #1
mark ENGLEHART's picture
by mark ENGLEHART
June 13, 2012 - 8:02am

I am running Mac OS X ver. 10.6.8 with 2.53 GHz Intel i5, 8 gig ram. Is it worth upgrading to OS X Lion? Have the early problems w/ that OS been addressed? I've it it slows down your machine dramatically and I need mine to work. Thank you!

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 13, 2012 - 8:03am

You need 10.7.4 minimum …

You may want to wait until next month and jump to Mountain Lion 10.8 … only $19.99 … I think Lion is still $29.99 …

mark ENGLEHART's picture
by mark ENGLEHART
June 13, 2012 - 8:04am

Is that an update or an “upgrade?

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 13, 2012 - 8:06am

It’s a paid upgrade from Snow Leopard …

mark ENGLEHART's picture
by mark ENGLEHART
June 13, 2012 - 8:09am

is it worth it? I’ve heard not great things from people about Lion

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 13, 2012 - 8:14am

If you are not relying on any legacy PPC software using Rosetta in Snow Leopard, you shouldn’t have any major issues. Those apps will NOT work in Lion …

I have been running Lion since about a week after it was introduced on both my 24” late 2006 iMac and a 15” MBP late 2007 and have had no issues … even some older apps (intel apps, not approved for 10.7) work fine … but that may have been just dumb luck …

One thing I always do when there is a major version change in OS X, is a Clean Install of the OS, then use Migration Assistant to move all my apps, personal data and files to the fresh install … this goes a long way in avoiding issues over the “Install in Place” option …

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness