Last post
Workflow, I'm missing something. #1
Davidset's picture
by Davidset
July 28, 2012 - 11:49pm

Have you folks found a way to,
1 Load pics from camera or card to iPad,then
2 rate and keyword pics on iPad, and
3. Then get the pics to aperture on my Mac ?
I am using Aperture on a MacBookpro now and with Joseph's great help and tutoring things are progressing nicely. I just can't figure out how to slip the iPad into my workflow.
All help appreciated, thanks
David S

davidset

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
July 29, 2012 - 4:39am

As of right now, I haven’t found any way of using my iPad to organize photos before adding them to Aperture, it’s not a terribly large part of my photography workflow. I’m also welcome to suggestions if anyone else has some.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 31, 2012 - 3:59am

David,

There’s a workflow using PixelSync but it requires loading into Aperture first, then moving to the iPad for ratings, and then syncing that back to Aperture.

It looks from their website though that the app is not currently compatible with Aperture 3.3.

Many of us would like to do what you’re proposing, and I for one am hoping that this feature comes to iPhoto for iPad, which is frankly a really good app.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Davidset's picture
by Davidset
July 31, 2012 - 4:53am

Thank you Joseph.
I’m waiting for pixie sync 2.0- I don’t care for the having to download from computer to ipad, and then back again.2.0 was to possibly allow us to import from iPad album( big plus).
If rating and keywords in IPhoto on an iPad becomes a reality, will those ratings carry into Aperture?
Guessing is tough, we’ll have to wait and hope!
David S.

davidset

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?