You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wrap around cover for book #1
keef's picture
by keef
March 23, 2011 - 6:18pm

I am trying to make a continuous image on a wrap around paper cover. I have created three images and pasted them into the cover and two flaps -= front and rear. Fine - except when I preview the book there is a white vertical band appears between the cover and the front flap. The rear flap is fine - continuous with the cover image. I have tried different book themes etc and they all produce the same result. Any help appreciated.

keef

keef

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 23, 2011 - 11:16pm

Keef,

What happens if you take just a single image instead of three?

I’m assuming you’re using the “Dust Jacket Spread Cover” [screenshot] correct?

Finally, how are you previewing? Do you mean in the Aperture window it has the white line, or are you outputting to PDF, or ? If to PDF, are you seeing a single large (wide) page that will be a complete cover when printed?

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

keef's picture
by keef
March 24, 2011 - 12:04am

Hi Joseph,
Yes that is the spread I am using. If I am correct it only allows you to paste in seperately into the cover and the flaps . I am unable to simply paste in a single image as the flaps have to be dealt with seperately - therein lies the problem.

I am previewing through the buy book dialogue and viewing the PDF that results from this. This shows the cover as one - with the flaps. There is no join with the rear flap but the front flap has a white stripe around 1/4 inch between it and the front cover.

This sounds complicated but is not really. I will try and post a screenshot.

Thanks

keef

keef

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 24, 2011 - 3:00am

Keef,

ahh, now I understand. I’d guess it’s not possible; if it were, there would probably be a template for it. I haven’t every tried myself.

It could be worth stopping in at an Apple store if you have one nearby, where they have many printed books on display, and see if you find one printed the way you want it. If so, ask them to help you figure out how it was done. If not… then it probably can’t be done.

Of course, what do I know… maybe there’s a way! If you figure it out, by all means let us know.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?