Aperture 3.4.4 Released
It’s no Lightroom 5 beta, but it’s an update…
Aperture 3.4.4 has been released, addressing a series of specific bugs and the ubiquitous “includes stability and performance improvements”. There’s a bit of discussion going on in the forum here as well as on Google+ about it. As always, do have a backup before proceeding—at least one user has reported new issues since the upgrade, and apparently the library is updated after the upgrade, which usually means you can not go back a version. I haven’t updated myself yet, and will run a full backup today before I do.
Here’s the fix list:
- Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly during image import
- Nikon P7700 RAW images are now displayed correctly in the Import window
- Thumbnails with version names longer than 250 characters are now displayed correctly
- Fixes an issue that could cause multiple warning dialogs to appear when web albums are synced after waking from sleep
- Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when uploading photos to Photo Stream
- Shared Photo Stream invitation lists now scroll correctly
- Includes stability and performance improvements
As always you can get this via the App Store or Software Update or directly from apple.com.
If you find anything, good or bad, do tell us about it here.