ON1 Photo RAW 2019 Launched!
I have not had a chance to play with this, so I don't have any direct input to offer yet. I will pick up on the ON1 Photo RAW Live Training series soon using this new version (I may even start over… we'll have to see how different this is), but I wanted to at least get the press release out to you all.
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 has a 30 day free trial, so needless to say, don't wait for me! If you're interested, just grab the trial and have some fun. And please, let me know in the comments what you think!
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 – An All-New Photo Editing Experience Now Available
Portland, OR – November 13, 2018 – ON1, Inc announces that ON1 Photo RAW 2019, an all-new photo editing experience and a major upgrade to ON1 Photo RAW, is available today. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 includes all-new features and technologies along with a streamlined workflow that is elegant, powerful and easy to learn. Notable new features include a new non-destructive workflow for layers, auto-alignment of layers, focus stacking, a new portrait tab, a new text tool, new digital asset management updates and more. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 includes the tools photographers need in a single well thought out photography workflow application.
This all-new photo editing experience gives photographers the features they use the most from the Adobe® Lightroom® and Photoshop® worlds in a single application. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 also includes a significant enhancement to the migration process for customers looking to move away from Lightroom®. Version 2019 is the first solution to utilize AI-powered algorithms to transfer and display Lightroom edited photos in ON1 Photo RAW 2019. The transferred settings will also remain non-destructive and be re-editable inside ON1 Photo RAW 2019.
The ON1 community drives the development of ON1 Photo RAW based on what’s most important for their photo editing needs. Every new feature and improvement made in version 2019 is a direct result of community input through the ON1 Photo RAW Project.
- A New & Faster Editing Workflow – All of the editing modules from previous versions have been combined into the Edit module to create a single place for editing photos. The former editing modules are now available as tabs to allow you to work in each seamlessly without changing the application appearance. These include Develop, Effects, Portrait, and Local Adjustments tabs.
- A New Workflow for Layers – ON1 Layers is no longer a separate module. Instead, the power of layers is accessible within the non-destructive workflow in the new Edit module. This allows for creating or editing multi-layered files, including raw files, and keeping non-destructive settings for each photo layer. Customers can also move, size and mask each layer. More importantly, and a new concept, each layer has its own non-destructive settings, all the way back to the original file. What’s most exciting is if you are working with raw files, powerful adjustments like exposure, highlights and shadows can now be processed using the raw data in a layered photo workflow. All without having to change modules or applications.
- New Lightroom Photo Settings Migration – New AI-powered algorithms give customers the ability to transfer Lightroom edited photos, keep the non-destructive settings, and move them into ON1 Photo RAW 2019. The updated Lightroom Migration Tool in version 2019 transfers almost every edit you can make in Lightroom including raw processing, crop, retouching and local adjustments along with folders, photos, collections, and metadata.
- New Focus Stacking – Automatically blend a series of photos at different focus distances to increase depth-of-field. It’s so fast, you can adjust the focus in real-time, just like changing the focus on your lenses. Think of it like HDR, but for focus instead of exposure.
- New Auto-Align Layers – Easily combine multiple photos as layers, then automatically align them based on image content, making it easy to mask and blend them together.
- New AI Masking Tool (coming Winter 2019) – This new tool, powered by machine learning, will allow customers to easily identify areas of their photos to create a selection or mask and the AI technology detects your subject matter and automatically creates a beautiful mask.
- New Portrait Tab – The new Portrait tab automatically detects faces in your photo allowing you to easily retouch, smooth skin, brighten and sharpen eyes, and whiten teeth.
- New Text Tool – The new text tool is perfect for creating posters, postcards, or adding your byline or watermark. Easily control font size, color, position, and more and then save a preset to add the same text overlay to a batch of photos quickly.
- New Master Keyword List – Now you can see every keyword you use in a single, searchable list. You can quickly apply, clear, edit, or delete keywords.
- Enhanced Local Adjustments – Local adjustments have been enhanced to use the raw processing data. This allows for more highlight and shadow details with more tonal range. This also includes new controls like haze, whites and blacks.
- New Layered HDR Workflow – With the powerful new non-destructive layers you can combine other photos, text or alternate exposures with your HDR photos. Use the powerful masking tools to combine multiple HDR renditions even.
- New Filter Options in Effects – We have added dedicated film grain, curves and color adjustment filters to Effects. These let you add film grain to color photos and make advanced, targeted color and tone adjustments faster. There’s even a new filter selector that allows you to search for filters, learn what they do and even view a sample before you add them.
- New User Interface – The new user interface has a fresh and modern feel. Overall contrast has been reduced to make photos stand out along with a new font to help increase readability. Updated icons, tabs, and sliders will also take up less visual space.
- Other Updates – including support for HEIC files, keyboard shortcuts for changing modules, more accent color options, color labels on folders and more.
- Additional Camera Support – Added support for the Fujifilm XF10, Fujifilm X-T3, Nikon P1000, Nikon Z7, Panasonic LX100 II, Leica M10-P.
- Additional Lens Profiles – Added lens profiles for: Canon EF35mm f/1.4L II USM (750), Chinon Auto Chinon 35mm f/2.8, KMZ Helios-40 85mm f/1.5, Nikon 200-500mm F5.6 174, Panasonic LEICA DG 8-18/F2.8-4.0, Panasonic LEICA DG NOCTICRON 42.5/F1.2, Pentax Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4, Sigma Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM, Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS, Sony FE 50mm F1.8, Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 DiIII C001, Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (A032), Voigtländer Voigtlander Super Wide Heliar III.
Price and Availability
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is available today for $99.99. Previous owners of any ON1 product can upgrade for $79.99. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is also available as part of an ON1 Plus Pro membership for a for $129.99/year (Reg: $149.99/year). ON1 Plus Pro includes a perpetual license of ON1 Photo RAW along with in-depth post-processing and photography education from the industries best trainers such as Matt Kloskowski, Hudson Henry, Tamara Lackey and many more. All of it is easy to follow along and fun. For a limited time, a purchase of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 includes some great bonuses. These include the ON1 Photo RAW 2019 Foundations video course, which provides the perfect get up and running training and the ON1 Looks eBook and series of 25 videos and practices files and to help you master ON1 Photo RAW 2019.
A 30-day free trial of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is also available for download from the ON1 website.
A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 includes both macOS and Windows installers and activation for up to five computers. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, world-class customer support based in Portland, Oregon USA, hundreds of free video tutorials, and free ON1 Loyalty Rewards every month.
What’s Ahead for ON1
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will include several free updates over the next year with all-new photo organizing and editing features, AI-powered algorithms to enhance workflows, other feature refinements, as well as updates for cameras and lenses. The first free update will in Winter 2019.
ON1 is also working on solving additional problems for customers who share files across multiple computers or work environments as well as those customers who are shooting video as part of their photography process.
“As we’ve said before, we have big plans at ON1. Our team is already busy working on the next free updates to version 2019. These will include dual display support, an editing history, and additional capabilities and enhancements to Focus Stacking,” says Craig Keudell, President of ON1.
About ON1 Photo RAW – An All-New Photo Editing Experience
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is a game changer. Version 2019 includes everything photographers look for when editing their photos including an integrated photo organizer, raw processor, pixel editor, and layered file workflow. It’s like having Lightroom and Photoshop® in one application without paying a monthly subscription. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will also use ON1's state-of-the-art processing engine providing a fast, smooth, comfortable, and fun photo editing experience while producing the highest quality results for your photos.
Photo RAW seamlessly integrates the features of photo organizing, non-destructive editing, layering capabilities, the best masking and selection tools, portrait retouching, hundreds of photo effects, text, HDR, automated panorama stitching, photo resizing, and more into one powerful yet easy-to-use software application.
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 supports RAW files from over 800 cameras, but it isn’t just for raw files. It also supports file formats include JPEG, TIF, PSD/PSB, PNG, HEIC and DNG are supported and benefit from the speed, performance, and abundance of editing tools in the app. Photo RAW 2019 will also integrate as a plug-in to Adobe® Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC as well as Apple Photos and will continue to work as a standalone photo editor and rival the Adobe Photography Plan. Like the current version, version 2019 will integrate with the major cloud services to allow for uploading, managing, and editing photos across multiple computers. This enables users to sync photos and their edits across multiple computers or in a studio setting.