You are here

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
1.5 Not Showing Correct Data #1
Robert Disney's picture
by Robert Disney
February 25, 2013 - 9:29am

Having a strange issue since upgrading to version 1.5, the Camera and Lens Statistics are not even remotely correct. The strange thing is, under the Filter Equipment section all the correct data is being shown.

BTW, I have followed all the procedures in the FAQ, before posting. I've also tried reinstalling the application.

Stig Bordsenius's picture
by Stig Bordsenius
February 25, 2013 - 6:56pm

Hi Robert
Could you try to re-import the library? One of the changes from 1.2 to 1.5 is a new structure in the way the data is stored. It sounds like some thing has gone amiss here for you.

cheers
Stig

Robert Disney's picture
by Robert Disney
February 26, 2013 - 3:39am

I’ve tried re-importing the library several times, no change.

Robert Disney's picture
by Robert Disney
February 26, 2013 - 4:32am

In addition to my last post. I’ve done the following, several times:

Followed all FAQ steps
Reinstalled the application
Re-imported the library in the app

I thought that it might be an issue with my Aperture Library, rather than the app, so I also:
Repaired Permissions for the Aperture Library
Rebuilt The Aperture Library

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 26, 2013 - 6:22am

Robert,

I’m sure Stig will chime in soon (he’s in Europe so on a different schedule) however since you’ve done all that, can you try importing a different library? Even if you just export a single project from your current library and import that; let’s see if that works.

And just to be certain, since you said you followed all the FAQ steps, I presume you’re talking about this FAQ entry?

Thanks, and apologies for the hassle. We’ll get you going…

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Robert Disney's picture
by Robert Disney
February 26, 2013 - 6:32am

Joseph,

Yes I was referring to that FAQ link.

I have tried importing other Libraries (I make a new one each year, and have 5 different libraries), and for the most part they seem to be loading correctly. My 2012 Library is showing all details correctly, and lines up with the numbers in Aperture 3 (fully up to date, running OSX 10.8.2). That is why I thought there might be an issue with my 2013 library, and went through the steps of repairing permissions and rebuilding the library. That didn’t seem to make any difference.

Should I consider simply making a new library? I would have thought that rebuilding the library would clear up any corruption.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 26, 2013 - 7:46am

Robert,

Interesting… so it’s specifically 2013.

I know an issue came up with filtering by 2013 (see here) but I wonder if that could be what you’re running into?

We need to wait for Stig to respond now I’m afraid…

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

by Stig Bordsenius
March 1, 2013 - 1:36am

Hi folks

Sorry for a low reply here, but my Macbook pro is on the way to applecare due to a massive graphicscard-error. So I have been busy as hell trying to get backups online and generally realizing that even if you have a backup of everything it is not like having everything installed in the correct place on a functioning mahine..

I have solved the 2013-missing in action bug, but without my macbook I cannot make a new build. So unfortunately you’ll have to wait for the repairs to be finished. ( I will make an attempt to get this done on an old MacMini, but i suspect it will not work.)

So people - remember both backups, and if possible , bootable daily/weekly backups of the main harddrive/ssd. Because data in the cloud is far,far away!

Stig

Wolfgang Mayerwieser's picture
by Wolfgang Mayerwieser
October 22, 2013 - 6:39am

Hi,

I just purchased and installed ‘Aperture Inspector’, and I am having exactly the same issue as described in this post “1.5 Not Showing Correct Data”: “the Camera and Lens Statistics are not even remotely correct. The strange thing is, under the Filter Equipment section all the correct data is being shown.”
Using V1.52, and newest version of MacOS (10.8.5, all updates) and Aperture (3.4.5).
When will this be fixed?

by Stig Bordsenius
October 24, 2013 - 1:41am

Hi

Sorry to hear that you have problems with the app. Could you try to rebuild your aperture-library? The app reads the aperture-library, and if there is an error there it will be reflected in the app as well. Also - remember to empty your aperture “trash”, as images that are thrashed are counted as well.

if this does not work I need to get my hands on a copy of some of the data-files in your aperture library, to figure out what is going on. I have not been able to reproduce the error on my development-machines.

Stig

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness