You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture web gallery publishing #1
Drew Rodger's picture
by Drew Rodger
August 10, 2012 - 11:22pm

Good afternoon. I was a regular user of Aperture's direct export of web galleries and am very depressed by the loss of this facility with the demise of MobileMe. Galleries in iWeb are not the same and I assume iWeb will not parse Aperture web page exports. I have read quite a bit on the web but the solutions put forward involve buying other web publishing software, which I would rather not have to do, or are too complex for my non web building / html illiterate mind. As an example of how dim I am I was unable to get through Wordpress instructions and failed to follow what I was supposed to do; hardly the breeze that publishing from Aperture was.

I apologize if someone has already covered this here ( I did look ) but if someone can tell me if there is a relatively painless solution I would be soooo grateful. It seems to make so much sense for Apple to adapt Aperture to be able to publish to a nominated site but, I suppose if they do this it will not work on OS10.6.8… and there lies another tale :0]

Cheers Drew

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 14, 2012 - 3:20am

Drew,

If you’re just looking for galleries, check out DPHOTO, reviewed on this site a while ago: DPHOTO: A Viable Alternative to MobileMe?”. It’s simple and clean and has an Aperture plug-in.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Drew Rodger's picture
by Drew Rodger
August 15, 2012 - 5:35pm

Thanks Joseph, this looks nice; uncluttered and easy to use. I will give it a whirl. Drew

Craig Andrews's picture
by Craig Andrews
August 15, 2012 - 11:43pm

I use D-Photo and am very happy with it. Clean, simple and user friendly. Drew, you described me as well in your post when it comes to being illiterate when it comes to computers and web building.

I'd much rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?