You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apeture & PSE 11 #1
Maureen McPherson's picture
by Maureen McPherson
December 28, 2012 - 9:13am

Does anyone have PSE 11? Have you tried to take a photo from Aperture into PSE 11 through the external editor. I changed my preferences to reflect PSE 11 in my external editor, but the photo does not show up in PSE 11. Anyone have any idea why?

THANKS!
Maureen

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
December 28, 2012 - 10:05am

When you set PSE 11 as your external editor for Aperture, you need to select the correct item in the Adobe folder. There is an alias in there that when selected won’t work. You need to select the item that has the word “Editor” in the name (e.g. Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor).

This webpage shows what it was for PSE 10. It should be the same for PSE 11 although I don’t own that SW so I can’t verify it.

Thomas

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
December 28, 2012 - 10:07am

You also need to setup PSE 11 preferences correctly for saving files. You need to set it to save over the original file or PSE 11 will create a new file that will get orphaned from you Aperture library.

Thomas

Dai Martin's picture
by Dai Martin
April 23, 2013 - 6:01pm

I have had the odd aborted go at PSE from 4 through 11 but Adobe logic defies me …. still can’t get PSE11 to work as an external editor from either Aperture or iPhoto though every other external editor works fine. My advice is to avoid Adobe and use one of the many other excellent options out there …. NIK, onOne or Pixelmator which do work!

Dai Martin's picture
by Dai Martin
April 23, 2013 - 7:50pm

…. even better they are both on deals at the moment Perfect Photo Suite 7 ($99) and NIK ($126,65)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?