Shooting Macros and Close-Ups
A great way to expand your photographic horizons is to get close—very close. With macro and close-up photography, you can discover new details in everyday objects and capture subjects that most people don't normally get to see.
In this course, photographer and educator Joseph Linaschke provides an introduction to the worlds of macro and close-up photography. After an overview of the gear you'll want for macro work, the course explores some subjects you may want to capture, from flowers to bugs, to pets. The course also explores tools and techniques for shooting macros and close-ups using an iPhone.
- Shooting close-up shots of flowers and pets
- Exploring textures as subjects
- Shooting indoors, in a miniature studio
- Shooting macros with the iPhone
- Using high-speed sync to get light in a macro shot
Be sure to check out some free sample videos on lynda.com!