You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Full screen #1
Paul Simon's picture
by Paul Simon
December 27, 2012 - 3:26am

1.When editing an image in full screen, how can the film strip be removed when cropping so it is removed for multiple image edits?

2. Can the fixed order of edit bricks be changed to fit ones individual workflow?

Thanks
Paul

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
December 27, 2012 - 5:46pm

Paul

The strip should hide itself so if you start your crop from the top it shouldn’t appear.

The brick order can’t be edited AFAIK, it is the order that Aperture applies the adjustments in. You can hide unused bricks.

David

d.

Paul Simon's picture
by Paul Simon
December 27, 2012 - 9:58pm

Thank you for your reply David.

The strip does not hide when cropping without constraint. If its on the left, I need to move it to the bottom to crop from the top.

It would be nice to be able to place bricks in any order to fit ones workflow.

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
December 28, 2012 - 2:26am

Hi Paul

There is a little slide switch to switch between permanently displaying the strip and auto-hide. I think if you switch that the problem will go away.

I agree it would be nice to rearrange the bricks, but not at the expense of losing the order applied.

d.

d.

Paul Simon's picture
by Paul Simon
December 28, 2012 - 10:59am

The auto hide switch only removes the strip at that instant. Unfortunately, as soon as that area is “revisited”, the strip reappears getting in the way of workflow.

Paul

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
December 28, 2012 - 11:11am

After looking at this I see why I don’t have the problem you describe. I have the metadata display turned on. The metadata is at the bottom under the image so the image doesn’t go down into the area where the pointer wakes up the film strip.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness