You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help with Importing image into a variety of projects #1
John Boyd's picture
by John Boyd
March 1, 2013 - 11:25am

I enjoy taking photos to fit a variety of themes I'm interested in. So in one batch of images ready to upload, I may have 50 or moe photos covering these themes all mixed together. I currently drag and drop each photo into its appropriate Project Theme, but wonder if there is any way I can automate this process even a little or at least improve on what I'm doing. Same question regarding naming each photo too.

BonnieB's picture
by BonnieB
March 3, 2013 - 8:17am

Remember that you can select non-contiguous files by using the Ctrl-Command keys. So at Import you can look over all 50 images in Aperture’s main window, “Uncheck All,” then press Control+Command keys while selecting the images with theme destined for the project.

(I always forget this and have to look up the keyboard shortcut or do Trial & Error.)

John Boyd's picture
by John Boyd
March 1, 2013 - 11:27am

Sorry! The Title should read “Images.” I previewed the post but not the title!

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
March 2, 2013 - 12:06am

I’m not sure there is a good way to automate this. You can change how you import. You can select project #1 theme, click the import button, and then only select images that should be destined for that project in the import window. Then select project #2 theme in your library, click the import button, and then only select images that should be destined for that project, … rinse and repeat as they say.

It forces you to go through multiple imports for one card of images, but it places the images directly into the desired projects during the import process. Personally I might continue doing the process you are using. One import followed by multiple select-move operations is probably faster.

Sharon Ann's picture
by Sharon Ann
March 2, 2013 - 1:13am

When you import, all photos will show in preview. Choose your project box, then UNCHECK the photos that do not go into the box. You then give a general name to the checked photos in the metadata (still on the import page) with an index or sequence. Keywords could be added here, provider name, before you import.

Do the process over for each set.

Hope this helps, sharon ann

Sharon Ann

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness