You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Keeping photo order when exporting albums #1
Ruth Lathlean's picture
by Ruth Lathlean
February 10, 2013 - 2:41pm

I've never resolved this problem I have had for ages. I make an album and move photos into it. Then I move them into the order I want. I select all the photos in the album and go to File/Export/Versions. There is then no option for keeping the images in the order I have them. If I select anything with Version Name the photos will revert to the order of the original version names which I do not want. If I use Custom Name it expects just one name not a whole lot of different ones. The only way I can get the order means the photos no longer have names but are called 'untitled' when I select Custom Name but do not enter a name. I guess this is because nothing has to be sorted. I have been into the 'edit' screen and looked at all the options but the same presets are listed on the left and none of them suits. Is there any way around this problem?

Ruth Lathlean

Martin De's picture
by Martin De
February 11, 2013 - 3:41am

Hi Ruth,

When I do an export with the option ‘custom name with counter’ then all pictures will get the same name plus a sequence number; i.e Test1.jpg, Test 2.jpg, etc. This way the order stays as you made it.
Does this help you out?

Regards,
Martin

Greetz, Martin

Ruth Lathlean's picture
by Ruth Lathlean
February 11, 2013 - 3:23pm

Thanks Martin but I really want to keep the individual names, not have the same one for all. I have experimented with lots of different ways on iPhoto as well as Aperture but the only way I can get all the title/version names is to use Version Name with or without counter etc. but then the order does not remain.

Finally I manually added a number and space in front of the title/version name (a lot of work if you have a lot of images) but it did keep the order when sorted by Version Name, and also printed the title/version name. Aperture must have just sorted by the number at the front and didn’t continue sorting by the alph characters that came after the number and space.

If anyone know any other way I can do this I’d love to hear about it. Otherwise I will have to put up with this sort of solution.

Ruth Lathlean

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?