You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Macbook Pro 13 Retina and Aperture. #1
Martin Herrera's picture
by Martin Herrera
December 30, 2013 - 12:00am

Hi everyone.  I’m considering getting a new notebook, and this time I wanted to go to the 13 inch which serves me better from a mobility perspective.  So far I’ve always prioritized getting a 15 inch to have better video card support.  I mostly use Aperture (shoot RAW only) and very light audio and video editing (FCP X).  Is it crazy to go to the 13 inch retina top of the line?  Anyone has experience using this setup?  Can I expect a low of spinning beach ball?  Thanks for the advice.  Martin. 

Martin Herrera Soler | www.martinhsphoto.com

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
January 1, 2014 - 10:01pm

I use a mid-2011 13-inch Macbook Air (with 256GB SSD and the higher memory option) on the move and it’s pretty zippy compared to my 8-GB 1-TB mid-2007 iMac. I wouldn’t have any qualms, but get some more data points!

d.

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
January 1, 2014 - 10:28pm

Martin

I should have said, that’s using a D300s (12MB 14-bit). If you’re using a 24- or 36-MPx camera that might be another matter.

d.

Martin Herrera's picture
by Martin Herrera
January 14, 2014 - 11:52pm

Thanks so much David.  Sorry for the delay in my response, but even though I subscribed to this post I did not get a notification.  I appreciate your help.  Martin. 

Martin Herrera Soler | www.martinhsphoto.com

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?