You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Migrating iPhoto to aperture #1
Susan Mayne's picture
by Susan Mayne
April 26, 2012 - 11:04am

I see you were planning on doing an ebook/video on migrating iPhoto to aperture in 2011. Where can I find it and is the info in it still current? I have come across the two versions dilemma (original & iPhoto edited) and need to decide how to deal with it. I've been moving events one by one since I was afraid of making a big mistake by doing the whole library at once. Any suggestions on where to start? I' d love to have one library.
I now have two libraries and don't really use iPhoto on my iMac anymore. But now I have iPhoto on iPhone and iPad although haven't really started to use as both devices are new.

Susan

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 26, 2012 - 11:28am

Yeeeaaahhhh about that………

I never did it. Something else always came up, and now with Aperture 4/X imminent (or so we hope) I’m not doing any more Aperture or iPhoto specific training.

There are lots of tips to go by though that have already been written here. Use the search box in the top left of this page and that’ll take you to loads of questions people have already asked. Also given the title of this post, I’m sure some folks will chime in as well.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Susan Mayne's picture
by Susan Mayne
April 26, 2012 - 12:12pm

That was my next question- whether to wait for 4 and when it was coming!  You read my mind.
Thx. I am so glad I found your website. It’s just what I was hoping for. Why it took me so long to stumble upon I don’t know.
Susan

Susan

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
April 26, 2012 - 12:28pm

Don’t bother waiting for 4. You might be waiting a week… or a month… or a year… NO ONE KNOWS. It’s all very frustrating around here ;-)

At this point I’m hoping for a late July release. I’m solid booked before then! But that’s me being selfish hehe

Glad you found the site too, and if you come up with questions along the way… post ‘em here! Do search around first though if you can. A lot of questions have already been asked and answered.

cheers

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness