You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mountain Lion - Aperture 3.3.2 not ejecting cards #1
John Caradimas's picture
by John Caradimas
August 23, 2012 - 5:28pm

I just noticed a strange thing on my Macbook, so please stay with me while I describe the system and the problem:

System: MacBook 13, late 2008 model, with 2.4 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, running OS-X 10.8. Aperture 3.3.2.

Problem: After I import some pictures in my Aperture library, using a Transcend card reader, I get the message to delete or not the imported pictures. I check the Eject card box and ask for the pictures NOT to be deleted (I always format my cards in my cameras). Well, the problem is that the card doesn't get ejected. If I remove the card from the reader, I get the well-known error message about not removing the disk before ejecting it properly etc.

I believe that I've seen the same issue at home (currently on vacations) on my iMac, but I can't verify it at this moment.

Has anyone else seen this? If yes, do you have a fix? I know it is not very significant, I can always eject the card from the Finder, but… you know, it's troublesome enough.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
August 23, 2012 - 11:11pm

There was a change in how it works. Im now use to the new way, and it works better for times where you have two projects on a single card. Anyway…. once you eject the card through AP look for the card icon on the desktop and throw that in the trash to eject it from the system. then you can pull the card from the card reader. Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 24, 2012 - 7:43am

John and DBmoore,

Hm, something is wrong for both of you. The Aperture eject should eject it from the system, not just from Aperture. I haven’t experienced what you’re talking about at all, and I just verified that it does in fact eject from the Finder when ejected in Aperture.

I found a similar discussion on the Apple boards (DB, I see you were there too).

Dig though the ~/Preferences folder for something to trash that has to do with mountable media. Maybe even the Finder preferences? Sounds like a corrupted preference to me. An easy way to isolate that is to make a new user and see if you can replicate the problem there.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
August 24, 2012 - 7:56am

Oh Man you are a downer dude. Dont tell me my AP isn’t working I just got it back to somewhat normal. Now Im going to spend hours figuring it out? Well maybe not this time Ill live with it, and John can find the solution for both of us. Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 24, 2012 - 8:11am

I don’t think this is an Aperture issue. I think it’s a Finder/OS issue.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?