You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Moving Aperture to a new computer #1
Karen Niedermeyer's picture
by Karen Niedermeyer
September 12, 2013 - 2:32pm

hi
I have done a search of your wonderful site but cannot find what I need. Mostly are posts about moving libraries. Please point me in the right direction - many thanks.

I have a new AIR (from my workplace) and a new iMAc at home. I need to move Aperture (the program and libraries) to both, although the main library I wish to keep just on the iMac as the AIR does not have much space after all my work stuff is on it.

But I bought Aperture online so I do not have a disk - how do I do this?
Many thanks.
K

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
September 12, 2013 - 11:10pm

If you purchased Aperture via the Mac App Store, then all you need to do is to sign into the App Store with the same account you purchased Aperture with and install it. You can copy the Aperture Library (or libraries if you’ve created more than one) to both the MBA and iMac.

Karen Niedermeyer's picture
by Karen Niedermeyer
September 13, 2013 - 10:26am

I cannot find it in the Mac App Store. It says I have not purchased anything! It does not even list Apps I have bought - zilch……. help.

Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
September 16, 2013 - 6:09am

If you are signed in with the same Apple ID that you used when you bought it, everything you bought should list under the Purchased tab in the App Store on either Mac.

You must be using the same Apple ID so make sure you are.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
September 16, 2013 - 8:24am

You have to sign into the Mac App Store on the new computer. Then you can select the Purchases tab and you will see the applications you have purchased.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness