You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Renaming Files on Import #1
John Craven's picture
by John Craven
July 29, 2012 - 1:38pm

I am trying to use the “Rename Files on Import” in the import window. I am using Aperture 3.3.2 BTW. I have watched the Live Training Video # 1 and read the 15 Tips on File Management, Tip # 4. I have created a Custom Name but in the Rename Files Brick the check box for Rename Master File does not show up. Does this only show up if I am using a Managed Library or should it show up when using a Referenced Library also?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 29, 2012 - 11:52pm

I do not use Rename yet kinda use to what I do. However I tried it for you and I had no problem with it working with reference images. I did have some issue where I thought I was making a rename custom set but actually made a custom subfolder for where the image is store. Once I looked in the correct dialog box I was able to try again and succeeded.. In other words the dialog box could be improved for clarity and SIZE of input for customizing names.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 31, 2012 - 4:11am

John,

Are you perhaps trying to import while leaving the masters “in their current location”? Aperture will only let you rename the file if it’s actually moving it.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?