You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Straighten slider? #1
mrkgoo's picture
by mrkgoo
July 16, 2011 - 6:51am

While I was here I thought I'd pOse a quick question.

I recall in earlier versions of aperture 3, when I clicked on straighten, a slider or dialogue box would appear and after making my modification, I would close the box thus confirming my change.

However for the past few versions I've noticed that it is gone. When I click to straighten no box appears, although the cursor changes and I am able to make the modification, but I cannot close to cOnfirm it (moving to another picture means I'm still in straighten mode). My only option appears to be to bring up the cropping tool and just closing that.

Am I crazy? Has my straighten dialog slider disappeared? Or was it never there? What happens when you try to straighten an image?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 16, 2011 - 7:17am

Mr Kgoo,

You’re seeing the right behavior. I don’t recall if there ever was a dialog. However you don’t have to call up crop; simply select the arrow selection tool (tap “a”) and the adjustment will be complete.

Yes the tool stays selected if you just move to the next picture, which is by design (and the same for any other tool), so you don’t have to re-select the tool each time you move on to the next image if you’re going to continue making those same kinds of adjustments.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

mrkgoo's picture
by mrkgoo
July 16, 2011 - 10:29am

Thanks! At least I’m not going mad. Didn’t think to just go back to the pointer. Makes sense.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?