You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Analog Efex Pro From Google #1
Stuart's picture
by Stuart
October 30, 2013 - 6:17am

Have you seen the new program from Google Nik Collections: Analog Efex Pro?

There are a couple of videos on this site where you can see it in action.

Stu

John Simpson's picture
by John Simpson
November 7, 2013 - 1:05pm

I have a related issue on a 3 year old upgraded iMac. When I use either the new Analog Efex or Color Efex and go back into Aperture, the “browser” and “split” view views work, but the “viewer” option does not work (the larger single image view). When I hit the F key it goes into full screen mode and works fine. If I quit Aperture and reload, it works fine with no issues in any view. I do not have the issue with Viveza and the other Nik programs – at least so far. On my 3 year old 13 inch Macbook, it works fine with no display issues.

I am not sure what isn’t quite working, but calls to the NIK help desk are useless. They are very polite but offer no help. When NIK was independently owned, you got help that worked with you and would actually trouble shoot the issue. All that seems to be history with the Google takeover. All they offer is a promise to let the “engineers” know. I called back to see if there was any option to roll back and was told there was not. All of this makes me among those who think these updates shouldn’t happen until at least the end user makes a conscious choice to do so. While I use Color Efex quite a bit, if this had effected Viveza, I would be more upset as I use that even more. Hopefully it is a Mavericks tick as I expect that will be updated sooner than NIK will update their collection.

Darryn Morgan's picture
by Darryn Morgan
November 3, 2013 - 6:18pm

I’ve manually installed the latest update via the trial download method and have noticed that some selected images won’t appear in the Aperture viewer. In other words, I have not selected a NIK plugin to work in, yet often selected images won’t appear in the main viewer. Anyone else seen this?

MiniD3's picture
by MiniD3
November 3, 2013 - 8:47pm

Hi Guys,
Yes!
Was starting to think it was just me, but obviously not!
I recently downloaded the Nik software and was getting a similar result,
Whether HDR, Colour Efex pro 4, Silver Efex pro 2 or Viveza
I had the same problem
Once I had to do a force quit as Aperture froze, and an error message was sent
Then after that I could not activate the browser or go full screen, well, I could go full screen but the selected image would not open

For some unknown reason, this problem is not showing now?
Hope its gone but time will tell

Im guessing the software is not up to pace with Mavericks yet

FWIW, Aperture does appear to be running faster, even the USB external HDD’s “appear” to load and save images faster, including the 2 vaults

The only real glitch was when I downloaded the Nik Software so I guess, after some updates this will be solved hopefully

Glad I saved all my data on separate drives before making the move to Mac and Aperture.
“prepare for the worst and hope for the best” they say!
….Gary

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness