You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
newbie to AppleScript #1
Susan Mayne's picture
by Susan Mayne
May 2, 2012 - 2:30am

Trying to rename my projects by using the AppleScript from Tim. Exactly how do I do this part:
Place the downloaded script in the folder ~/Library/Scripts/Aperture

Susan

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 2, 2012 - 3:24am

Susan,

Click the Go menu in the Finder, and press the Shift key. When you do you’ll see the Library appear. Select that, then navigate to the “Scripts” folder, and inside of that, the “Aperture” folder. If neither of those folders exist, create them first, then add the script into the “Aperture” folder.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
May 2, 2012 - 4:24am

I don’t know if the Shift key works for this. (can’t check it on a PeeCee). But Option key works for sure.

Thomas

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 2, 2012 - 4:27am

Thomas,

I thought it was option too, but I tried it on my iMac and MBA and on both, it’s Shift that opens it.

Then again I did mess around with it at some point so I probably broke it ;-)

So yeah Susan… try holding either Shift or Option to get the Library item to show up under the Go menu.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

Susan Mayne's picture
by Susan Mayne
May 2, 2012 - 4:38am

It is the option key and it worked! Yeah!

Susan

Susan Mayne's picture
by Susan Mayne
May 2, 2012 - 4:57am

Question as to next step in reorganizing library. For example: I am starting with a folder named House in which I had 3 years of projects of photos taken of home improvements. Now I am switching to your suggested organization by years - 2010, 2011, 2012. Do I recreate a House folder in each or do an overall House smart folder using the tag word House? I know it’s up to me but I’m asking for your opinion. I have other Folders like Travel, Nature, People which I will need to do the same. Obviously, that structure stopped working for me recently. Any reference you would point me to? I have watched the first five videos so far.

Susan

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 2, 2012 - 4:58am

Susan,

Please start a new thread over on the main support page for this. Thanks!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?